In order to accomodate a high number of car riders please review and follow the BES car rider procedures, directions, and traffic pattern. We appreciate your cooperation and patience, as the safety of your student is our first priority.
Registration for a car rider tag is only required for K–5 students being picked up in the after-school car rider line. Registration is not needed for morning drop off. Car rider tags can be picked up 9:00 am–3:00 pm in the front office. Pre/VPK car riders should contact the VPK office as these students follow different procedures.
Families picking up their student at car riders must have their number displayed
Students may only load from the passenger side of the car
- Families must remain in the car, BES staff will assist the student if necessary
- No walk ups are permitted
- There is no parking in the loading zone
- Please have the student memorize their car rider number
- If you do not have your car rider tag please report to the main office to sign the student out
- If your tag is lost please request a replacement at the front desk
- To pick up a student who is not listed on your car rider number, you must be listed on the student’s emergency form and sign them out at the front desk
All K–5 car riders should enter the school area off E. Magnolia Street. The yellow line shown in the map below is for K–5 students.
- K–5, exit the parking lot and make a right on N. Palmetto.
- PK, only car riders will now come down E. Howe street and make a left into the gym parking lot, just before N. Peach St. You will exit onto N. Chapel and make a left to prevent causing issues with the main car rider line on E. Magnolia St. East Howe will be your way in and out of the school zone.
- PK cars, do not use N. Peach St. This is needed for PK bus traffic.
- For the safety and protection of you and our staff, we are asking for you to wait for staff to direct you and do not pass cars in line unless directed to.
- Walkers will continue to use Orange St. Walker parents are not to park anywhere along E. Howe or the side streets.
- If your child comes in a car, they should be a car rider. Contact the front office if you need a car rider tag.